Tuesday 13 January 2015

Bat those lashes


I've just created my first gif animation. I know I know, pretty basic right. But for someone only used to seeing their drawings and illustrations stay static it's rather exciting and new to see them in motion!  Before I decided that I wanted to become an illustrator, I actually wanted to be an animator. So it's a real indulgence to mix the two disciplines. Having never even dabbled in using any animation programs I found this was a good way to start, as I have used photoshop to create this. I just chose an image to draw and decided on trying out making the eyes blink first. (as it looked like the easiest!) I can't wait to apply this technique to other, more complete looking illustrations and see where I can take this! 

M x

4 comments:

  1. Well done :-) Just keep going.
    My daughter also do drawings like you at www.mariahoffbeck.blogspot.com
    Have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I just found your blog on Blglovin, love your illustrations!

    check out my fashion illustrations:
    www.fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty!!!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete