Wednesday 3 October 2012

Zombie Nation





Halloween is nearly here! One of my favourite times of year! 
I always like to do themed illustrations, and anything dark is a real treat for me 
as I normally create quite girly illustrations.

Above is my interpretation of a zombie/frankenstein monster.
 I call her Frankie! 
I'd say she still looks pretty glamorous even as the living dead.
 It's not surprising as I based it on a photo of Zooey Deschanel 
(who always looks gorgeous)

I've included a sketch, before it was coloured.
I coloured and layered it digitally which really let me play about with the whole composition.
I also added some vintage movie poster text!

What do you think?

xXx
M

1 comment:

  1. Many times I've thought to myself that I want to see you do some creepy lady fun...but then when I think of the amount of stuff id like to suggest in your style I realise its probably far too much or extreme and in some cases may tarnish the elegance of your form. But this is quite a gem in keeping said elegance and does a mighty fine job in proving not all the scary horror joys need be as bloodthirsty or violent as many tend to make them (myself often included). Magic stuff and always beautiful, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete